Friday, June 19, 2009

A Jenius Story: the little you, Represents the REAL you...
























Imagination was never an ideal too hard for me to fathom... I was the kid who was wrapped up in RL STINE Goosebumps novels, jump it, ez bake oven, crayola map pencils (or rose art if you lived in the hood),treasure trolls, and etch a sketch. I was infatuated with styrofoam packaging and new shoe boxes, cause I knew after every pair of new shoes, my barbies would be getting renovations and a new room added to my handmade barbie doll house. I would run through the aisles at the fabric store letting my hands glide past each material waiting for my mother to get new lace for her african garb. I made my first magazine in seventh grade with xerox copies of seventeen magazine, my first fragrance ad of my moms avon perfume splashed on paper with my kiddish scrabbled drawing of a couture dress by "karyn j". I rigged everything, if I could make it, I never had to buy it. I was a big dreamer, an artist and stylish! Ill never forget my pink chucks that were my favorite shoe in 4th grade, or the warm feeling I felt with my new pair of mudd jeans... My child me was the catalyst of my jenius me. I mean everyone doesn't come from a peachy keen background, but at least when your kid, your world is so full of ideas,your more forgiving, your more imaginitive, geuine and pure.I wish ppl would look back at how they were as a kid and realize the same dream implanted in you at seven, is your lifes purpose at 29.nothing we do is by mistake, I always dressed more freely than everyone else, always drawing fashion figures since middle school, and always coming out resilient in every trial. If we could all go back to our little you... Which represents the real you!

Love
K

No comments:

Post a Comment