Monday, June 1, 2009

STYLE PROFILE: Gabriel Prusmack...PUTTING THE SMACK DOWN!



So upon walking into this room, splashed with electric teal, magenta, and objects, I feel at home… the same fuzzy feeling I felt in Philadelphia when walking down a row graffiti infused street murals. It was as if the street lifted itself and walked into place being captured in this four-walled room; stilled, plastered, and regurgitated from its original stance. I immediately tape in to photography mode and snap away, not wanting to loose sight of the moment… I probably passed the golden curled pony tailed debonair about three or four times that night, not even realizing he was yours truly Gabriel Prusmack.

He catches us eyeing some little art men, and begins politely talking to the crew about the three dimensional characters, and of course I go into fashion stylist mode, wondering who is this artsy looking guy just randomly talking to us… he introduces, I start scoping… So you’re the creative Jenius behind my new “Fallen in Love Room…”I love it!

We love Gabe, because his style reminds us of a Café au Lait laced with Jamaican rum, basquait paintings on a bathroom stall, random pen ink stains on a white suit, the late Heath Ledger, and Dsquared Wood Cologne. Yeah something like that.

Gabe  Prusmack is also an artist with Aerosol Warfare… you can check his installation room at the Aerosol Warfare Gallery.

CHECK HIM OUT @ WWW.MYSPACE.COM/GIBBADAMN

PEACE

-K






No comments:

Post a Comment