Friday, April 10, 2009

Music to my Pretty lil EARS...

Heres my take on music:
I have always been one for some good music... you know the type that either has you busting out on the dance floor or got you loungin to a nice glass of wine, even sounds that got you bobbing your head... anyhoo... check out these songs that i have been jammin on my IPOD...

1. Lady GAGA "Just Dance"

My take: the kind of song that has my elctro funk alter ego come out, with glo sticks and my shortest shorts yet... with hot pink lip gloss LOL

2. Dj Mitsu Ft. Kotixx "Tokyo"

My Take: not only is Mitsu and hottie( im down with a little asian persuasion) but his mellow yet hip hop meets ambient beats make me want to Pocky sticks and sip on sake at bboy showdown in Philly... i love this dudes work! yo, check out the joint with DWELE "right there" thats like baby making music retro style! :)

3. Blue Six "Close to Home"

My Take: this is the ultimate love song in the most unusual way... its one of those songs that make you think of your boo when yall are far apart (even if he/she is in the next room) its got a upbeat tempo (think fashion show) with a sexy smooth edge... it doenst make me think "baby i miss you so much.." it makes me think "as soon as you drop your bags, im pouncing your a**!"

4. Eriq Rico "your body"


MY take: okay, i got to get a little explicit here, this song is more than the bomb!!! dont mean to be crass, but this is def a song of some body to body appreciation (ya-no-what imeen?!) this song is like ecstacy sex funky music... even your ears will have an orgasam...(mine did, but i think im more sensual than most *shrugs shoulders*)either way, dude is mad talented, he plays a mean electric guitar and backs it up with electro-funky beats... I would say Afrikka Bambatta meets pink floyd, who has a one night stand with crystal waters...lol

5. Cool Kids "Basement Party"

My Take: Now, i have seen these guys live, and im almost certain i have seen them in skinny jeans (*cringes face*) but basement party is def a hot joint, reminicent of the beastie boys and a tribe called quest. The chicago duo give me friday night hight with a kiss of last night a DJ saved my life ...lol

6. Keelay & Zaire Ft. Phonte and Dminor "Alright with me"

My Take: remember when low riders were back in style, and we use to listen to Next and John B; and maybe just maybe we might have got Snoop Dogg or even QTIP to rap over a verse on the song... yeah its something like that. On top of these two cats being mad talented producers/beatmakers/flyguys, their song gives you that same fuzzy feeling when you listened to Ralfeal Saddiq and Qtips "Get Involved".

7. Roisin Murphy "overpowered"


MY take: okay first of all roisin is sexy as hell (no homo) in a "i would wear high heel with fishnet pantyhose, a neoncolored top with bright pink heels" kind of way. Think Annie Lenox meets Grace Jones. So "Overpowered" is like the ultimate, "I wish I could get over you, because you broke my heart but i cant, cause your stuck on my mind like glue" type song yet infused with an addictive electronica 808 hip hop beat. i love love love this song. It used to be my myspace profile song... but roisin is dope, and makes me want to move to europe, cause thats where all the good music is (and tokyo, Mitsu holla at your girl...call me ;*)



so anyway, these are the sounds these days... check out these artist... i couldnt even give you the links to their sites cause that would take for ever... i gave you the assignment, now do the homework, but i find google works for me...lol

holla chickadees

k

No comments:

Post a Comment