Thursday, March 12, 2009

Breaking the Trend:stereotypes, hype, and cigerettes.

We all have seen it, not so skinny guys (and dolls) rocking a pair of uber skinny jeans, wannabe stylistic rope chains, and not to mention those o so horrible big rimmed glasses (strait outta the seventies!)
I often wonder why we give in to trends? What causes the usual sober mind to get pissy drunk behind a tshirt that says "your boyfriend was in me last night." Have we succumb to the big brother of the fashion world too? Don't people realize graphic tees and striped shade sun glasses (c kanye west) are all the designs of a soceity starting to look like one another?
Hey don't get me worng I have always been a girl up and willing to rock some electro blu tights, but at the same time its more of my personality than a fashion statement.
Let's just say for the record there is no judgement here! Shoot, if we could walk around in clothes looking like we stepped out of an M.I.A. Video talking about "jimmy aja" live would b great, but the truth remains we are victims of our own closet vomit! :@

My point is( and I believe eventually I will get there)is trends are like stereotypes. They are like the elephants in the room that no one wants to talk about, but the ammunition needed to point and shoot. Kind of like when someone says all black people are loud,which all aren't but when you walk into a fried chicken and waffle joint at 1 am you might have that perception. That's kind of how I feel with people who all of sudden cut off their hair and grow locs and afros(this pertaining to my people who of another color, and I am black so I can say this!)Because they want to appear "arty" and "neosoul" yet if you ask them anything about Georgia Ann Mudrow or the Lion of judah, they would have no idea what you are talking about. But they are trendy, they are hot, its what's now... Its the hype.
Yeah stereotypes are all hype like "women are ALL emotional", well not all are. I just hope that all people who wear snow boots are not all stupid, but hey I would like to be wrong, but I know not bloody likely... Trends.
What would we do with out them?

Any who the lesson here kiddies stick with what last forever, that classic piece, the longjevity. 15 mins of fame are just that, 15 min. Stereotypes are just indirect judgements and even if they are true we can't hoan people to them. I say stop and the drop hype and be your trueself, cause skinny jeans ainr for everybody...
I'm saying tho.

Ciao :*

Kjenius

No comments:

Post a Comment