Friday, June 10, 2011

Have We Seen it All? Has fashion stopped inventing?











I remember being a kid, and rummaging through my mothers closet and trying on her eau de chic clothes, and trying to feel fashionable. I even remember taking some of my mothers blouses and revamping them to use for fashion shows and photo shoots, back in my design days. It was like her closet was the Xerox copy of style… always able to reinvented and used again.
Looking forward to 2011, it seems as though every fashion cycle has been repeated, leaving us to mesh all styles together as one… which there is no complaint on my part, cause I like fashion in any era, however, I question what happened to the same spark of creativity that spawned the first go-around??






It’s almost as if the design dreams have stop dreaming, leaving us to take a piece here, and a piece there. Ultimately, I love fashion, and fashion is forever!

Cheers up to taffeta!
-kj

No comments:

Post a Comment